Wednesday, January 23, 2013

San Jose Dressing


San Jose Dressing


This recipe is inspired by a well known dressing commercially available, there were a few reasons I wanted to create my own version. I have been living pretty much GMO free and eating organics as much as possible, I wanted to satisfy my cravings while still meeting my healthy eats needs. I also cut down the sweetness in favor of a more savory taste. Most of the ingredients are organic or non-GMO, obviously use that version when possible. Feel free to use this recipe and share it as much as you want, but please do not try to profit from it or get it published, thanks!


Ingredients

1/2 cup Local Honey 
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 dash Smoked Paprika
1/2 tsp New Mexico Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Dry Mustard
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 cup Organic Ketchup
1/3 cup Seasoned Rice Vinegar
2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)

Prep

1. Combine all ingredients except the EVOO in a 1 pint glass jar, cover and shake vigorously honey is dissolved and ingredients are well mixed.
2. Add the EVOO, cover and shake well.
3.  Store under refrigeration for up to 3 weeks.


Makes a great almost midnight snack with some raw, 
organic Haricot Verts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment